Forward to Yahoo List?
'Beard, Bruce D' bruce_d_beard-dGIoD64L1/Udnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org [18xx]
2014-08-27 12:09:47 UTC
________________________________
From: Pierre LeBoeuf [pierreleboeuf-H+***@public.gmane.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:09 PM
To: Beard, Bruce D
Subject: Forward to Yahoo List?

Bruce,

Could you get this posted on the Yahoo 18xx list for me (I lost the link)? I’m up to 40 and I’m trying to get the last few slots filled in this week.

Thanks,
Pierre

Dear 18xx train gamers,

I would like to start a new 1830 email tournament on or about September 1st, and I am looking for people interested in participating. The tournament will be 4 player games with 3 rounds, single-elimination. 64 players will play in the first round, with the 16 winners of those games going to the semi-final round, and the 4 semi winners meeting in the final. We will be using the Rails Java program (currently version 1.8.10 at http://rails.sourceforge.net) and Dropbox folders in the cloud, the same method used in the recently concluded 5-Nations 1830 tournament.

I expect the rounds to take 3 months each, so we should be done the tournament within a year. In order to ensure speedy play, I will be enforcing a 2-day limit on each player’s turn to make moves. If time expires on a turn during a stock round, the move will be a pass that turn. If time runs out during an operating round turn, the railroad will operate any trains with no track or station placement, and no trains will be purchased unless the company has no trains. If you have no access to the Rails program, your other alternative is to contact the game master directly and have them make the moves in Rails for you.

My current plan is to seed players into games using the AREA 1830 rankings (http://wolff.to/area/G_18XX.html#_). Any unranked players will be put randomly into games.

If you know anyone who would be interested in playing, have them contact me at pierreleboeuf-H+***@public.gmane.org<mailto:pierreleboeuf-H+***@public.gmane.org>. I will take the first 64 people that say they want to play.

Thanks,
Pierre LeBoeuf

2014-08-27 12:21:00 UTC
Sent from my iPhone
Post by 'Beard, Bruce D' bruce_d_beard-dGIoD64L1/Udnm+***@public.gmane.org [18xx]
________________________________
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 9:09 PM
To: Beard, Bruce D
[...]
Yahoo Groups Links
Richard Dutton, M.D., M.B.A.
Executive Director
Anesthesia Quality Institute
Chief Quality Officer
American Society of Anesthesiologists
520 N. Northwest Hwy
Park Ridge, IL 60068

p: (847) 268-9226 | e: r.dutton-***@public.gmane.org<mailto:r.dutton-***@public.gmane.org?subject=AQI%20> | http://www.aqihq.org

Connect with AQI on LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/anesthesia-quality-institute?trk=cp_followed_name_anesthesia-quality-institute> and Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Anesthesia-Quality-Institute-AQI/597462053651028?ref=tn_tnmn>.
Report anesthesia events at www.aqiairs.org<http://www.aqiairs.org/>